The World According to Marney

Monday, August 5

My brain has melted from this heat! I am counting down the moments until the big thunderstorm rolls in and brings the cooler weather with it.

Despite the heat, I didn't slow down my knitting over the weekend. I have a bunch of yarn that my mom sent me a couple of months ago that I still hadn't figured out what to do with it. There is some pale gray and white acrylic in a worsted weight that I thought was pretty. I realized that I had never made mittens before. So with that, I pulled out the old Big Book of Knitting . It has a whole bunch of formulas for socks, glaves and mittens. Of course, all of the numbers are based on a much thinner yarn. Nevertheless, I made a few adaptations and within a few hours, I had my first pair of homemade mittens. (I really need to get a camera so I can show off all of these fun things I am making.) I also worked a little on my scarf. I found it terribly ironic that in the sweltering heat, I decided to make accessories that I won't get any use out of for months.

My mom is lso trying to arrange something with a colleague of hers to give me more cold weather gear to create. I believe that it would be a batch of scarves and hats for a girls' soccer team. Since there could be quite a lot of them that they want by November or so, I should probably hear about it soon in order to get it all finished in time. I may knit like a maniac but I still am only limited to 24 hours in a day, like everyone else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home