The World According to Marney

Tuesday, September 3

What I Did on my Summer Vacation by Marney

My summer vacation this year was only three days long. How I long for those days of going back to school after three months of free time. Well, as we all know, there is no going back to the good old days. That is for another e-essay.

My weekend consisted of old friends, new friends, Greek food, gay bars, getting back to walking the loop of Central Park, knitting scarves, an Impressionism Exhibit at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, more Greek food, a movie, puppy sitting, shopping (of the window variety) and walking in the rain all weekend long. All in all, I think it was a rather fabulous long weekend. It is not very often that I actually have time off with no plans scheduled that turns out so fun and packed with exciting adventures. To top it all off, I actually did get some progress on both my beaded scarf and my lacy alpaca scarf. Both of them are coming along very nicely.

Oh, one other thing, I have gotten back into the Fruit Hat thing. I am stockpiling these little guys for craft sales back home. Right now, I have two strawberries and a peach that are waiting for some friends. I have found that one hank of Tahki Cotton Classic will give me a 6 month size and a 1-year size pair of hats. Not bad! (By the way, the colors on that site are not very acurate.)

That being said, I am going to get back to work and pine longingly for time off again. (Well, not that longingly since I'm taking another long weekend this week!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home