The World According to Marney

Thursday, July 3

I am happy to say that I got plenty of sleep last night. That means that the blanket is still unfinished. Although, I did get quite a bit of work done on it, I am still looking at another 3-4 hours of edging, sewing and weaving. I can handle that, especially because today is a short day at work, thanks to the market closing early for the holiday weekend. Gotta love that!

I do want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes. But, I forgot to mention that the birthday party that I had last weekend was a couple weeks early for my birthday. A friend, whose birthday is June 15th, and I, whose birthday is July 14th, decided to split the difference and celebrate our milestone years (40 and 30 respectively) by having a 70th birthday party for the two of us. So, my birthday has not yet passed, but thank you all for wishing me a happy birthday.

Other than that, I am looking at a fun filled weekend. Hanging with the girls tomorrow afternoon, Big River tomorrow night, Chocolate Exhibit at the Museum of Natural History (complete with tastings) on Saturday. To top it all, the weather is supposed to be great. Yes, Ayelet, that means low humidity to go with the sunshine. Of course, it will not be the same as the Family BBQ that Mom and Dad host every 4th of July. I'm sure they'll have a hunk of watermelon and think of me, though. Actually, it would be more likely that they would remember me over a big bowl of ice cream! Yum!

Have a great holiday weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home