The World According to Marney

Tuesday, July 1

I have further proved to myself that I do not want a career in the performing arts, well, at least not in the performing part. Last night I participated in a reading of a new play. I don't think I have ever been a participant in a reading, though I have attended many as a spectator. Mostly I was there in moral support and with feedback. Oh, and I helped set up and clean up. That's the event organizer in me. Despite my biases, I really think this piece is good and has the potential to intrigue audiences. The entire piece was about one of the most notorious magic tricks ever performed, the Bullet Catch. Just to illustrate the interest in this topic, after about 2 1/2 hours of reading, the dozen or so participants jumped at the chance to see the trick on video tape and a corresponding documentary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home