The World According to Marney

Tuesday, July 8

If you haven't noticed, I did a little bit of sprucing up the place. Can you tell that I really don't want to do anything at work? Not only that, but there is no one here that really knows what I do, so when there is code on my screen, they just assume it's something important.

Man it is hot here! I think we are looking at 95 degrees here today and lots o' humidity. Makes a girl rethink her stance on air conditioning. That's right, I am sans A/C mostly by choice. Partially because I don't want to blow up my building by plugging one more thing into the 3 functional outlets I have in my apartment that are all on opposite walls that my windows. Partially because sleeping with A/C makes me sick. Partially because I like to rough it. My ceiling fan is nice and all, but it really doesn't make much of anything cool.

I didn't really do a whole lot of knitting last night. It was a bit on the warm side for me. A couple of rows was all I could eke out before I decided that even cotton is just too much for the weather.

I forgot to tell you about the rest of my weekend. On Friday night, I went to see Big River on Broadway. Well, this was not your run of the mill show. The entire production was performed in American Sign Language. Not all of the characters spoke, so there would be other actors that spoke while the lines were signed by the actual character. For example, Huck Finn did not speak, but Mark Twain spoke for him, so during the duets with Jim, Huck and Jim would both sign but the lyrics were sung by Jim and Mark Twain in the voice of Huck. Sounds much more confusing than it actually was. I really liked the way the sign language added a natural choreography to the piece.

On Saturday, we went to the Chocolate Exhibition at American Museum of Natural History. The good part about it was there were samples of Godiva Chocolates at the end in the chocolate gift shop. Other than that, I didn't find a whole lot to share in this rather weak and sparse exhibit. So, we headed down to the Einstein Exhibit which was much more interesting, but then again, I have always been a bit of a science nerd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home