The World According to Marney

Tuesday, December 9

It's Tuesday, I must be grumpy

So I bailed on the bookclub meeting last night. As only 2 people were planning on going and both told me there was something else that came up, I decided that it really wasn't worth it to even bother. Is it just me or is this a totally losing battle? Maybe I'll just let this adventure die into nothingness. Apparently, there aren't very many people that are as interested in reading and discussing books as I am. I know that Roberta has been there at almost every meeting. She is really the only other person that has shown more than just passing interest.

Anyway, I got back to the backpacks last night. I realized that if I want to get these done for Christmas, I better get going. I still need to get lining and zippers in order to finish them. I had hopes of making it to P&S Fabric at some point. That really hasn't happened yet. Maybe I'll go to my favorite local fabric shop this weekend. Although, when I walked by their 57th Strret location, it looked pretty closed, as in closed for good. I think the one on the east side is close to work. Maybe I'll stop in at lunch today.

I have a silly question for dog owners out there. Why is it that when it snows, dog owners no longer pick up after their pets? Is this laziness? Do they all figure that someone else is going to shovel so why bother? All I have to say is it is truly disgusting to walk down the sidewalks of New York with dog crap in the gray snow. What if someone slips on the ice and does a header right into a pile of doggie doo? That is disgusting! Can we PLEASE continue to clean up after our pets?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home