The World According to Marney

Tuesday, November 25

Gramercy Tavern...Soup Kitchens

I have one word to say about eating at Gramercy Tavern...

YUM!!!

It was an amazing dinner with fabulous food, incredible service and wonderful company. There was someone to refill every sip of water, almost as you set the glass back on the table. Your napkin was neatly folded as soon as you returned to your seat, if you had to step away. The food removal and delivery was choreographed nearly to perfection. 3, count them 3 Amuse-Bouches were served to us, 2 savory and 1 dessert. I am so glad that I decided to take the bull by the horns and make a reservation. It was very much worth it!

But, with all of that fine dining, that means that everything else (writing, knitting, etc.) was once again put on the back burner. No wonder I am still hovering at 10,000 words with less than a week to go. I swear it's not true procrastination, entirely. I really have the best of intentions in writing on a daily basis. It's just that the daily of the daily basis gets in the way a lot. If I didn't have to sleep so much... Maybe if I stopped spending so much time at work... I could try to stop spending time with people... Oh, let's face it, I have too much in the air right now to try and fit one more time consuming project into my life. It was a valient effort. I think I should pat myself on the back for at least trying to take on more stuff.

Maybe I need to rethink some other things in my life that I haven't really been keeping up on like volunteering with New York Cares. It has almost been a year since I did anything for them. Of course, I haven't exactly been sent calendars lately. Maybe I'll see if there is any holiday volunteering out there that might need an extra set of hands. I used to be so good about giving a couple days a month to the less fortunate in the city. That's what I'll do. I'll find somewhere to volunteer within the next month. If nothing else, there are always soup kitchens that need people to help out, especially during the cold months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home