The World According to Marney

Friday, November 7

Lunchtime S.E.X.

No, this is not something naughty. It's a Stash Enhancement Excursion. I decided today to check out String which is a relatively new Yarn Store on the Upper Eastside. I had heard a lot of good things about it and wanted to see it for myself.

Aside from it being rather "cozy" there were a couple of minor issues that I had with this store. There are no prices on any of the skeins. Only one skein of any give color of yarn is on display, so you need to ask for more.

On the other hand, there was an entire wall of cashmere and angora. Most of the yarns are high end. And most importantly, the people there (at least the woman I worked with) are friendly and helpful. I decided to get some charcoal colored extra fine alpaca. The problem was, there were only 2 skeins (of 665 yards each) of that color on hand and I need at least 3 for a sweater. They called up to order another skein for me and will let me know when it comes in.

All in all, I had a rather good experience there. It is on my list of shops that I will be happy to frequent.

Oh, I wanted to add that this was my reward for getting some writing done this morning. Back to typing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home