The World According to Marney

Tuesday, October 28

Cardigan Completion

I finished the cardigan for my niece last night. I think it came out really cute. I was trying to figure out buttons for it, but of course, I have no buttons in my vast collection that even come close to that dusty rose color, especially not 6 large buttons. So, I imporvised. As it is for a 6-year-old, I thought I could have some fun with it. I found 2 yellow, 2 purple and 2 pearly-icy-pale bluish white buttons in the same size and style. I alternated them down the front and voila! my masterpiece is finished. I suppose I could do embroidery on the collar to go with the buttons, but I am not sure that I really want that. I think I'll leave it as is.

I also started my backpack extraveganza last night. I think I will have to make the straps and gusset a different color for the purple backpack. I don't think I have enough of the purple yarn that I found in my stash. I did find plenty of pink for the other bag. Maybe I'll do the straps and gusset in one of my many shades of pink. That should work out well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home