The World According to Marney

Wednesday, October 15

Getting Back into the Swing

I have been back in NYC for 3 days now and I still feel like I am never home. I started my new job on Monday. Everything seems to be going very well. The people here are very nice.

You may be asking, "Well, Marney, what is it that you are doing these days?" Well, a lot of my job has to do with editing and e-publishing investment analyses. There are other things that I do, but that is the big one. Right now, I am hoping to get 2 or 3 of them out today. My main role is to "coordinate" and "facilitate" the analysts to make sure that all deadlines are met. It may not be rocket science, but it seems to work for me.

In other news, I am still up to my old tricks. I made it to a new Broadway show on Monday night. It was The Retreat from Moscow with Eileen Atkins, John Lithgow, and Ben Chaplin. It was a beautifully constructed piece about the very hairy divorce of a British couple that had been together for over 30 years. For the most part, I really enjoyed this play. There were a few things that needed to be fleshed out a bit more, like the character of Jamie, the son. He really didn't seem like much of a person. Oh well.

Tonight, I am looking forward to a quiet evening at home with my kitties. They are starting to wonder if they need to find a new roommate since I am never around. Maybe I'll have a chance to do some updating on this rather neglected blog this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home