The World According to Marney

Tuesday, September 9

It's Another Day

At what point do I just bag the whole "paying rent for an apartment that I don't live in" thing and just ask to have a shower installed at the office? I could save so much time and money that way. No bothersome commute. No outrageous rent for a closet sized apartment. No worries about having to clean up (that's what the cleaning staff is here for). It may be a bit intrusive when other people traipse through, though.

That's right, more long hours at the office plague my life. The good news is I HAVE to leave work right at 5 PM today...so I can go to my other job at the theatre. There is something intrinsically wrong about the fact that the only way I can get out of the office early is to go to another job.

Needless to say, I haven't really had much time to work on anything creative. I am really looking forward to having some time on many cross country plane rides to knit until my finger cramp up. I will have to make sure taht I have plenty of projects to keep me busy. I will have 4 six hour fligths and 2 two and a half hour flights all within the next 4 weeks. Don't be jealous. That is...(let's see, carry the 1)...29 hours on a plane. Alright, I am officially depressed. That is not including airport time (roughly 9 hours), transportation to and from each airport (about 6 hours total), or even packing (20 minutes tops).

At least I'll be able to add to my sister's shot glass collection. Yeah, that would be the collection that I decided that she needed to have. The good part of it is that I am the main contributor. Every time I travel, I pick up a shot glass for her. I have about 7 just since last December. I guess I travel more than I thought. I think I storted this for her about 2 years ago. If I'm not mistaken, I think she is now up to about a dozen or more before the ones I have not given her yet. Plus, I will be able to pick up one from San Diego and one from New Orleans before I make it back to see her. It give purpose to my travels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home