The World According to Marney

Wednesday, September 3

New Toys

I got the last of my birthday presents today, sort of. Grandma Dolly sent me some money for my birthday which I decided to put toward a set of Denise interchangable needles. I am very excited about them. I have already figured out how to put the pieces together. Now I just need to find a project to put on them. Very exciting!

Thank you, Grandma!

In other toy related news, Johnny Depp has deemed this country as a broken toy that needs to be fixed. I have to say, that I don't know about the analogy, but I agree with his basic idea. I mean, I look at this fair country of ours and see many problems that don't seem to be going away. I see more and more hypocrasy and misguided ideas. Maybe I am a bit idealistic about government. Maybe I have seen too many films and other shows and read too many book about the ideals of our founding fathers having faith in the common man. Maybe I expect the general population to be able to pass a citizenship test that we require of anyone that WANTS to be a part of our country. In any case, when I see that Jerry Springer is a congressional candidate running on the platform of knowing more about the "people" from his televiion show, and the president of the country is willing to drop billions of dollars into rebuilding Iraq when he is cutting the money that he had already promised the city of New York for rebuilding after our terrorist attack, I get a little angry and frustrated by the perpetual lies and marketing "spin" that fools the masses.

Just because Bush's head is shown to be in proportion to Mt. Rushmore doesn't mean that he belongs up there.


And just because Arnold Schwartenegger has saved the world from robots on the big screen, doesn't mean he can save California from financial ruin.

I think this may be a rant for my other blog....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home