The World According to Marney

Monday, August 11

)*#@$EOUDNKJO(*&$#@

That is the inside of my head right now. )*EOUR#@$NBD*UKF Nothing really makes sense and nothing that goes on in the day seems to help. So I will try not to be too loopy for this post.

Let me start with the interview on Friday. It went very well. I really want this job! I still have to wait for them to make their decision (Tuesday or Wednesday). In the mean time, I am going through the very rewarding moment of resignation in my head. I guess I shouldn't do that. But to be honest, it is somethingthat gives me great satisfaction. In any case, I have another second interview tomorrow. I am getting worse and worse vibes from this set up. Last Wednesday, I confirmed everything for tomorrow morning but then they come in this morning and ask if I can come in today. It sounds a bit on the shady side if you ask me. I also see that position as being just like where I'm at right now without the move out of the City. Are you sensing my lack of enthusiasm?

So this weekend was definitely a theatrical weekend. Hairspray on Friday night, one acts by and in the pool on Saturday night and a one woman show on Sunday night. I really love the smaller shows that you can find in this city. There is something to be said for paying a couple of bucks to see a work in progress or a masterpiece of epiphany that actually has truth, honesty and creativity as well as a little bit of not-quite-on-the mark feeling and a hint of if-you-follow-me-through-this-it-might-make-sense-at-the-end-or-not. Not that that's how I felt about these shows. I just find it more rewarding to watch something that you know will never make it to mainstream because it has too many controversial thoughts or unflashy moments than to sit through another Broadway revival that rehashes everything the world has been tired of seeing for the past 50 years.

I think I am going to go back into the wilderness of my head. There has to be some place in there that isn't quite so overgrown and tangled. Maybe a walk through the highly humidified city might help clear the briars in the brain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home