The World According to Marney

Thursday, August 7

Jobs

I feel awful about having nothing to post here lately. I have been working like a madwoman with no end in sight. The only thing that keeps me from jumping out the window is knowing that there may be an end in sight soon.

I have 2 second interviews lined up in the upcoming days. Please keep your fingers crossed and good thoughts coming. Mostly, I am hoping the one tomorrow at the hotel will go well. This job has my name all over it. So, Friday at Noon, EDT, send out those good vibes for me.

Next week I am supposed to go in for a second interview for a job that I "am perfect for" (not my words). It would be doing similar things to what I am doing now but for someone, that I have been told, is not the easiest person to get along with. It would be in the corporate/finance world, again, which for anyone that knows my inclination toward my job knows is not the industry that I prefer. It is also a flat out admin job, again, not what I want. So a dilemma arises. Do I ponder taking a job that would make me just as unhappy as the job I currently have just so I can get out of the impending move to the Westchester campus/asylem? Or do I hold out for what I want even if it doesn't come along for a while? I am working with a recruiter who insists that I am much more corporate and admin focused than I can even stomach. But, she sends me out on tons of interviews.

So, let's hope that everything goes well for me tomorrow, they offer me a job and I can give up on the finance world, once and for all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home