The World According to Marney

Thursday, July 24

More Yarn

Look what I got in the mail yesterday



That's my Noro from ebay. There was a little bit of a problem with shipping (the seller forgot to send it to me), but who cares, it's in my grubby little hands, now. Which leads me to what Sandy calls "startitis" but I call being overly excited about new stuff.



I'm making the pattern in the picture above (Also note Koshka's legs in the way. He likes to help.) from Yarn Girls' Guide to Simple Knits, "Not Your Standard Issue Sweatshirt." You can really see the beautiful colors in this shot.



Now this is not to say that I have been ignoring my new tank. Oh, no. Thanks to a staff meeting that I had to call in for, I got a bit more finished yesterday afternoon.



Oh, I actually did more than just knit last night. I also went to see Swim Shorts as predicted. Thank you, Mother Nature, for clearing the rain away in time to have a successful show around a pool. It was a lot of fun. Okay, some of it was not that great, but there were some pieces that I really liked. If you are in NYC in the next couple of weeks, check out the pool at the Holiday Inn on 57th Street on the west side. For $15 you get a show, for an additional $5 you can swim in the pool until midnight, after the show. (No I did not do that. Maybe when I go back for the second night in August.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home