The World According to Marney

Tuesday, July 22

Picture Pages! Picture Pages!

After I got my NEW tank project going last night (can you say addict???), I decided to start in on the picture taking of finished projects, since I can do that now. First of all, I'd like to introduce you to Dot:

Dot

I need to adjust the straps on this tank, as the cotton stretched a bit more than I anticipated. It made for an interesting day of nearly flashing the animals at the zoo.

Next is Rowan Halter:

Rowan Halter

So comfy. Perfect to go between the office and evening or casual. We love this top.

Both af these projects were made out of 4 ply cotton. I also ended up making them a size smaller than I originally planned, so I have an extra ball of the blue and the green, as well as much of the purple and almost a complete ball of the pink. So I thought I would give one more tank a shot. After seeing sigma on knitty.com, I had to work with this pattern. I love the idea of not having a specific gauge that you have to conform to. Although it really calls for larger yarns, I decided to live on the edge and use up some of my leftover cotton. Wanna see?

new tank

closeup

I am going to do a graduated stripe - 11 rows of blue, 1 row of purple, 10 rows of green, 1 row of purple, 9 rows of blue...you get the picture. Then when I get to the middle, I will reverse the stripes by making them get bigger toward the top. I think I should be fine with the amount of yarn I have. If I think I'm running short, I will do some improvising.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home