The World According to Marney

Tuesday, July 15

Birthdays, Weddings and other Blessed Events

Thank you all for all of your well wishes on my birthday. I have to say, considering everything, it was a pretty good birthday, well, aside from having to be at work for a big chunk of the day. I got phone calls from across the country from dear friends that I don't get to see very often. I had a quiet evening to fill with what I wanted (watching Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, knitting, spending quality time with my furry monsters). It may not be the most exciting birthday on record, but I am happy with it.

I got through a few more rows of the halter last night. It is going much slower now that I have 244 stitches to get through. I am coming close to my decreasing rows, though. That means I'll be in th home stretch. I may be able to wear it by Friday.

I talked to my friend, Pauline, last night. She is getting married in October and I have been asked to be in the wedding party. Well, let me tell you, this should be something of an adventure. First of all, Pauline is "marrying" Melissa who is a Wicca. I have never been to a lesbian, Wiccan wedding before. To make matters more interesting, Pauline and Melissa live a bit like a cross between hippies and trailor trash. Not to say they are bad people or in anyway in need of govirnment support, but they have chosen even more of an alternate lifestyle. They live in a winnebago or some sort of trailor out in Eugene, Oregon. Pauline is a baker and Melissa works at a fish store. This picture is becoming more and more colorful by the moment, isn't it. Well, I was told that there were so many people at the bakery that wanted to make the wedding cake that there will actually be about 6 cakes there (not full size, of course). You may be asking how I came to know these people that are clearly living on the other side of the reality spetrum from city-girl. Well, Pauline and I went to college together. I even knew her when she dated men. I was probably the one that made her decide to leave the City since I seemed to be a very bad influence on her (to this day, she can't even look at a bottle of Jack Daniels). Well, Pauline is one of the very few people that I kept in touch with after college. I think this wedding, aside from being a joyous, yet non-legally binding event, should be the source of many tales to come. How can I turn this one down?

I just saw pictures of my co-worker's brand new, preemie baby. I made a hat for him which apparently was used quite a bit while he was in the hospital for a week. When I made it, I was really winging it on the size but it looks like it fit perfectly. The pictures had to go off to family members before they could be scanned. As soon as they come back this afternoon, I will post a picture of baby Ayre and his tiny hat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home