The World According to Marney

Monday, July 14

They Say It's My Birthday!!!

Well, I finally made it. The day I turn the big 3-ohhhh. That's right, my 20s are officially over. Oh, I'm not upset about that. Not in the slightest. I think I had a very good decade. I did more in my twenties than a lot of people can claim. Here are some of the highlights:
  • I worked on Broadway, rubbing elbows with celebrities.

  • I traveled throughout the country.

  • I traveled to the Caribbean and to Europe.

  • I lived in Manhattan for my entire 20s and by myself for most of them.

  • I lived in the fast (although not monetarily affluent) lane and took full advantage of the entrapments of youth.

  • All in all, I had a good time.

  • Okay, so there were a few downsides but they were not worthy enough to even bring up here.

    That being said, I enjoyed the last weekend of my 20s by going to the Bronx Zoo and having a wonderful dinner cooked for me. I chatted with friends and family that are too far away to visit. I enjoyed the beautiful weather that Mother Nature granted us. And I knit up a storm.

    That's right, the Dot tank is done, and I wore it on my zoo adventure Saturday. (I'll get pictures as soon as I can.) After that, I started in on the Rowan Halter on Friday, and already, I am about 1/2 way through it. It's so much easier when you done have to count for dots!

    I am going to try to enjoy the rest of the day today. It's a little anti-climactic when you celebrate for weeks before your birthday. Oh well. I am looking forward to having a quiet day.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home