The World According to Marney

Thursday, July 10

Busy Day

Did you see me on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart last night? Well, I was there, in the studio audience. What a fun time. Of course, I had to call a month and a half in advance to reserve tickets (that were not guaranteed) and wait in line outside of the studio for an hour. But once we were in, it was so much fun to watch. There was about 45 minutes of warm up with one of the writers and Lewis Black (who was there for his weekly segment of Back in Black). If you are in the NYC area, you should definitely check out a taping of the show.

Right after the show, I raced over to meet up with my Book Club to discuss Stupid White Men. Talk about a politically charged evening. Well, the discussion wasn't so politically charged because all of us agreed with what Michael Moore has to say, although we all agreed that he is really beating a dead horse with much of his "Bush-whacking." We know there is a problem. We know that he continually breaks the law, but the rest of the country would rather be contented to have a dictator who forces his radical views on us so we don't have to make decisions for ourselves. But I digress.

After all that fun, and finishing the main pieces of my Dot tank, I went home to work out my confusion with the Catnip Mouse. Silly me, I read

    Continue in this manner, decreasing one stitch at the beginning of each row, and doing the cable twist on the third row of the pattern until you have the last 10 stitches remaining, ready to work a right side row.

without paying attention to that section that says decreasing one stitch at the beginning of each row. That would be the difference between

and


Notice the seed stitch tail in icord. It was a little test I did to see if it would come out ok. Low and behold, it does.

As you can see, although I stuffed these mice last night, they already look like they have had plenty of wear. Well, my dear friend George took it upon himself to destroy them.

How could such a cute face be so destructive. Well, he has help from his siblings, Koshka

and Nekko

or Koshka and Nekko


Aren't they all just precious? Well, that is not all of my tale of the evening, because the darling Nekko helped me stuff catnip. And, I should tell you that catnip makes her drool, uncontrolably. So even though the tub of catnip was closed, this adorable little cat managed to create a pool of saliva on the lid of the catnip. Who says cats can't help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home