The World According to Marney

Tuesday, August 19

Grumpy, Grumpy, Growl, Growl

Here I am, still at the office at 8:30PM, trying to finish up stuff that won't seem to go away. No matter how much I put into this job, they just keep asking for more. I thought I was getting into a good place with all kinds of projects only to have them smack me in the face.

I finally had the inevitable interview for the job I don't want today. Before I went in, I got quite a pep talk from my recruiter. She told me that she knew this was my job. She could just feel it. It was made for me. It just goes to show how out of touch these folks can be. So I went in and met with the man who is "not the easiest person to get along with" despite my personal alarms going off. It didn't kill me, but I am not thrilled about it. Afterwards, my recruiter was no where to be found and still has not returned my phone calls. So now she is incommunicado for 2 potential jobs and I am still working like a crazy person.

To make things more interesting, I will be taking a few days off this week and next week to be a tour guide for some family. It will be so nice to have visitors checking out the big city. I don't really have an agenda, but there are some sites picked out for seeing. It will be great. Not to mention a bit of a break from this asylum.

I'll try to check in tomorrow before I disappear for a while. Well, provided I actually get out of the office any time soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home