The World According to Marney

Thursday, August 28

Did Ya Miss Me?

What an eventful week. As much as I love my family, I am very glad that I can get them in small doses. I had a wonderful time being tour guide for my Aunt Elaine and cousin, Amanda. This trip, for them, was really all about getting Amanda into the fray of history. She was not able to take her class trip to DC, so this was a "consolation prize." Well, I think she should be very pleased to have to settle for this visit. Here's a little list of what we did while they were in town:
  • United Nations

  • Rockefeller Center

  • Grand Central Station

  • Central Park

  • Historic Richmondtown, Staten Island

  • Broadway show, Urinetown

  • Shopping

  • Ellis Island and Statue of Liberty

  • Battery Park

  • South Street Seaport

  • Metropolitan Museum of Art

  • Road trip to Philadelphia

Not a bad list of things to see and do, I think. Not only that, but we generally had our evenings to recouperate and relax. We also had a quota of 150 pictures that had to be taken for my uncle's computer image fanaticism. I think we got to about 125 or so. I think it was an all in all good visit.

Well, I am back to the drudgery of my daily life. Unfortunately, nothing got done while I was gone. In fact I had a few fires to put out when I returned yesterday. Well, I am still doing battle with that, but I thought I would check in while there was a moment of quiet. I will try to get some pictures up soon.

Oh, I also won an e-bay auction for some red chenille yarn. I have been asked to make a blanket for Nolan. Now, what have we learned about making things for others? Well, there is no deadline for this project. Also, I am only going to be working on it while I'm at his place. I thought that would be better for the feline factor. My kitties love soft things which means they would pull stitches while kneading as well as leaving fur all over it. Let's just say that it will be much better in the end to live at his place from the very beginning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home