The World According to Marney

Monday, October 20

Is it Monday already?

So here I am in my TOTALLY EMPTY office. I was under the impression that we were supposed to be in at 7:30 on Mondays due to a weekly staff meeting. Well, on my second week here, I arrive at about 7:35 (had to stop for a bagel) only to find taht there is NO ONE here! The good news is that I did get a key last week and can at least make it inside and on the computer for some much needed updating time.

If you have a chance to go to see Dave Attell and Lewis Black in their national tour, DO IT. It was such a fabulous night. They are absolutely hilarious. Okay, so they weren't the cleanest acts in the world, but when Lewis Black pointed out that all of our society's woes could be linked back to the perpetuation of the lie that Candy Corn actually tasting good, I was totally hooked. The "host" of the show was Mike Birbiglia who I had never seen before. But, he was much funnier than the opener guy, Mitch Hedberg. Well, you can't win then all.

In really exciting news, I went to get my eyes checked on Saturday. I figured that since I still have the eye insurance for the rest of this month that I have been paying toward all year, I might as well use it before that is no longer an option. I am merely waiting for these people to hand me a cane, a pencil cup and a dog. After dealing with horrible eyesight for the past 20 years, my eyes are still getting worse. How much worse can I go before they just tell me to give it up for good?

Ah, I hear stirring here in the office. I guess that means that I am no longer alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home