The World According to Marney

Friday, October 17

It's Friday

I have made it through a full week of the new job. I think it was a good move. I guess I'll come back next week.

I suppose that I should do a little knitting update. It has been way too long since I have done that. Okay, here goes.

Right now, I have my aran sweater still on needles. I am about 1/2 way through the back (the front is finished). I haven't really spent a whole lot of time on it as it takes much more concentration than I have had for a while. I am thinking that soon it will back in the regular loop of projects.

I have the yarn fairy blanket 2.0 also on needles. About two months ago, I tore it all out because it was going to be too wide for the amount of yarn that I have. Now I am on the 4th pattern repeat section. That makes it about 18 inches or so long. This oen takes less thought, but it isn't mindless knitting.

The chenille blanket for Nolan is total mindless knitting. The problem with that one is I am trying to only work on it at his place (no kitty fur to attatch to the chenille) and I haven't taken it over there yet. Well, I wanted to use it as my plane project, which is what I did until I forgot to include the extra ball of yarn on the last flight and I couldn't go any further.

Lastly, I think my next big and rather urgent project is to find a way to house the massive quantities of yarn that I have accumulated this year from the liquidation of Nana's stash and the yard sale boons. My cozy little studio is currently overrun with balls of yarn that Nekko, Koshka and George like to unravel, unroll and play with while I am gone. The shopping bags are really not cutting it.

Well, that brings me up to date with the fiber World According to Marney.

In other news, I am still recovering from my purse snatching 2 weeks ago. My mailbox and garbage keys arrived on Wednesday night. Let me tell you, between the stinkiness of the garbage and the mounds of accumulated mail, I was very relieved to see my Super at my door. I got my cell phone last night (same phone number!!!!) amd it is working just fine. Still no Bank Card (which makes getting any of my money a little challenging). That is really all that is left. I have my driver's license (at least the temporary one until the envelope from Mom comes in the mail) and my new Library Card (which cost me $1.00 to replace!!!) as well as one of my numerous drugstore discount cards.

Tomorrow night, Nolan and I are going to see Dave Attell and Lewis Black. I can't wait! We have been planning this adventure for about a month now. For me, that is a scheduling eternity. For all of you out there that have tried to set up time to meet with me, you know that I rarely know what I am doing anytime in the near future, let alone months in advance, unless it's for work or a major function, like a Pagan Lesbian Wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home