The World According to Marney

Monday, October 27

What a Weekend

All that is left on the "World Series Cardigan" is the collar, the buttons and the edging. I finished sewing up the pieces this morning. I think it may be a bit big for my niece, but a) she will be able to grow into it, and b) she can wear it over other clothes. I'll probably have it all finished by tonight.

I started making back packs for my nieces for Christmas, a la the one I made for the Stitch 'N Bitch book. I have so much yarn in my stash that is about the right gauge for these bags, and would be machine washable, that I can't justify going out to buy more yarn for these bags. I'm not sure if I will be able to finish them in time. I guess we'll find out, now won't we.

The poker game on Saturday night was a lot of fun. I think by winning again this week, I proved that my previous win (that would be singular) was not entirely a fluke. I think I am figuing out this game. Well, mostly I do well playing "Omaha High-Low." I think I like having more options with cards. By having 4 cards in your hand and 5 on the table, there are many more ways to make up that 5 card hand. I really didn't have much of a taste for 7 Card Stud, which was dropped after the first round. Such the gambler, I am!

Not much else to report. I better get back to my editing duties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home