The World According to Marney

Friday, October 24

Mail Call

Yesterday was an exciting mail day for me. Not only did I get my highly anticipated bank card (it's about &%#@& time!), but I got a package with a complimentary copy of Stitch 'N Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook and the bunny backpack that I made for it. Oh, what a happy day it was for me! The first thing I did was load up my current WIP into the backpack, as well as the new book.

I am going to go out on a limb here and sing the praises of Debbie Stoller's book. Not only does it have fun, unique patterns (bikinis, matching sweater/dog sweater sets, hip tanks and sweaters, socks to make the Pippi Longstocking in all of us proud, and so on), but the instructions are clear and updated for the hip knitters of today. Take the old rhyme for learning to knit, revisited: Go in the front door/ and grab your scarf/ then take it outside/ before the cat barfs. She has also included a bit of her own history in knitting to make the jouney, the lesson and the connections a bit more personal. Go out and buy this book! Well, don't forget to marvel at the bunny backpack, either.

Today, as I was walking out of my apartment for work, I realized what a knitting junkie I truly am. I am wearing my graduated rib sweater (no photo),
with my hat (well, the black one, really),
and my scarf,
with my bunny backpack (this is one of the "making of" photos that I sent to Debbie - I still am camera-less after my purse incident in New Orleans).

Anyway, today I am meeting Meg for a knitting kunch. I will be working on the "World Series Cardigan." As the game did not go into overtime last night, I only got up to the shaping of the armholes. No game tonight so we'll see how it works for knitting. Tomorrow night, I will be playing poker during the game (don't think the game will not be on for that game) so I think the cardigan will have to miss Game 6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home