The World According to Marney

Thursday, October 23

Baseball and Papa

I have started calling this cardigan my ""World Series Cardigan" as I was working on it until the game was over last night, all 12 innings. In the Ninth Inning, as the game was tied, I had the back finished and started the front pieces in the extra innings. Now, please keep in mind that I really have very little desire to know the outcome of most sporting events. In fact, I am usually content to ignore their existance. But since I am rather close to a Yankee fan, I find that my tolerance level for the game has changed. Well, at least I am being productive about it.

I heard yesterday that my grandfather, Papa, was put in the hospital and diagnosed with congestive heart failure. We already knew that he was struggling with Diabetes as well as general failing health, with spells of disorientation, loss of memory, and other rather scary symptoms. So, needless to say, I was not entirely together yesterday. But the news I got from my mom today is that the doctors are able to adjust his medication and he is doing much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home