The World According to Marney

Tuesday, October 21

Moer Projects

Last night I was pondering the Country Rose Red Heart TLC that Nana gave me when I was in town. It is rather pretty and soft. I thought it might make a nice sweater, perhaps a cardigan. So I rustled through my pattern book and came across my Vogue Knitting: Vintage Knits and decided to make the cardigan on the cover, which I had been eyeing for some time. Well, the pattern is for a child's sweater. Then I thought, that is even better, because I wouldn't have to worry about the pink sweater/orange hair combination. Then I realized that my youngest niece will be turning 6 in November. So another project is born. To beat that, it is small so it should go pretty quickly. I need to have a a bit of instant gratification with my projects. 2 blankets and an aran sweater don't really give me much of a sense of completion.

Right now, the back is about 1/3 finished. I have also decided not to do the embroidery on the collar. I wasn't really sold on it. It should be able to stand without the flowers.

On an update of my errant bank card, I called my bank on Friday to find out where this card is and if I can get it ASAP, as I have been without it for 3 weeks tomorrow. Come to find out, they were waiting for me to send them a "pin card" for my new pin number, but they never told me that I needed to send them anything. I really lost it on the poor guy that answered my call. I know it wasn't his fault but I couldn't take it any more. After much screaming, I got them to send me my card (not expediciously as they don't do that with cards) without the pin card. Theoretically, I should see it sometime between tomorrow and Monday. In the mean time, I swapped cash for a check for some money and have been working at the theatre for cash. I feel like I'm back in college.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home