The World According to Marney

Thursday, October 30

It Should be Friday Today

I have had to spend all morning convincing myself that today is actually Thursday. It really doesn't feel like a Thursday. It has much more of a Friday vibe. Maybe that's because tomorrow is Halloween. It's not like I have plans for the big event this year, it has just gotten my whole week out of whack. I'm debating about getting a mask or something to wear at the office. Nothing major, no blood (like last year), I'll wait until I've been here for longer than 3 weeks to spring anything like that on them.

Well, last night, I found myself at a fundraiser for the Governor of Illinois, Rod Blagojevich at the Harvard Club. One of my co-workers strolled in my office at about 4:00 and asked if I was busy at 5:30. Nothing like planning ahead for these things. Apparently, my company put this event on for the governor without letting us know about it. Instead of facing a small gathering and poor showing, the troops were rallied (all 11 of us that were in town and available).

So, the governor spoke for a bit about his past, his credentials and even his comments about the Chicago Cubs fan that caught the controversial ball in Game 6 against the Marlins. In the end, I came to the conclusion that I like the governor of Illinois better than I like the governor of New York. (Well, come to think of it, George Pataki doesn't make it high on the list of people that I would vote for or even give the time of day to.) As it was said at least twice last night, I think Governor Rod Blagojevich may be going places. Keep your eyes out for him.

Enough about politics. I have progress to report on the backpack extravaganza. I finished the front last night and the back this morning. I had about a yard left over from the skein of purple yarn that I found. That means I have to do the straps and the gusset in a different color. I have quite a few options, but I think I will narrow them down to either the off-white that I used for the face of the bunny or pink which is not used anywhere else thus far. Either one would get dirty pretty easily so that shouldn't be an issue. I'll take a good look at these colors when I get home tonight. The front of the second back pack is already on needles. If things go well, I should have many of the pieces finished by the end of the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home