The World According to Marney

Friday, October 31

There are too many runners

My morning commute takes me alone the southern edge of Central Park, which is currently being prepared for the New York City Marathon. That means that all of the people that have traveled around the world to race on Sunday are preparing today and mowing down pedestrians that actually use the city streets for transportation purposes. All I wanted to do was to hind a safe haven in my office away from strange creatures that think running 26 miles is a hoot. All that exercise is making me twitchy.

Okay, I think I got that out of my system. Well, probably not, but whatever.

Last night I got the entire front of the pink monkey backpack finished, as well as half of the gusset for the bunny. I decided to go with the off white of the bunny's face just to bring the colors together. As I finished the money, I realized that he looks like an albino. I, again, chose the off white for the face, bordered by a rust color. But the monkey has another color around the edge, which I decided should be peach. well, let's just say that the monkey could use a little time with some UV rays. It's still cute, just a little pale.

Okay, I am down to 16 hours before I have to start writing like a crazed fool. That's right, midnight is the kickoff for my trip into insanity. I mean my next trip into insanity. If I get a little side tracked when I post and go on for a couple of pages, forgive me. I hope to get into a groove as sson as I can. I will do this. You may ask,"Marney, what will you be writing this year?" Well, I still don't know. At this point, I am open to ideas and suggestions. I have been reading some of the forums for NaNo only to find that it may be important and possibly necessary to include the following in my novel:
  • Ninjas

  • Godzilla

  • Aliens

  • Dream sequences

  • Ninjas

  • Fantasy worlds

  • Anything that drones on for pages without having anything to do with anything

  • And did I mention Ninjas?

I am going to end this post with a weblink that is sure to send me straight to hell for posting. Well, at least I know that upfront. Enjoy!

http://www.jesusoftheweek.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home