The World According to Marney

Monday, November 3

A Marathon for Everyone

Well, the New York Marathon is over for another year. Now I can walk to work with only the fear of being run over by cabs, buses, dog walkers, commuters and other folks on the sidewalks. I con't say that I really paid much attention to it. Come to think of it, I really didn't leave my apartment much yesterday. Considering I live only 4 blocks away from the last leg of the race, I thought it would be for the best that I stay away from the throngs of people.

A a whole, it was a rather productive weekend. I managed to spend some quality time with my friend, Moe, who came in from Pittsburgh for the weekend. I wrote over 3000 words (okay so that means I am a smidge behind, but I have a feeling I will catch up quickly) on my novel. I got some much needed and overdue shopping done. And, I put all of my stray balls of yarn into ziploc baggies. Well, I ordered sandwich bags in bulk and realized that 500 bags for just me is about what I would use in 2 years if I brought my lunch to work on a regular basis. That is a little excessive. So, the milk crate that was all tangly and messy got a once over with plastic. Now my yarn is not only tidy, but it is safe from any errant moths that may want to dine on future projects.

Okay, to the important stuff. I did manage to get over 3000 words written over the weekend. I started off slow, but really picked up last night. I'm hoping to get a bit of time in at the office today. I have been having problems with my computer not wanting to read blank disks. So, in a moment of epiphany, I e-mailed myself my work, totally forgetting that it is the PC that cannot read Mac Word files and not the other way around. So, if I write today, it will proabably be a little of a non sequitur, but at least it's writing.

I have also had a request to see what I am writing on line. I haven't decided if I am ready to do that. After all, this whole exercise is about spewing out words quickly, not necessarily so eloquantly. I may do it. Of course, that will have to be on a day that I actually have the document awailable for uploading. Maybe I'll be ambitious tonight.

In Knitting News
I didn't get very far on the backpacks. I did make a decision on them, though. In my shopping frenzy on Saturday, I stopped in an art store and found some colorful letter block beads. So, I am going to stitch in the names of my nieces on the straps of the bags. The beads are a little bit bigger than the stitches , but it is pretty close. I think that will be so cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home