The World According to Marney

Monday, June 24

What A Weekend!

Friday night was quite an experience. There were about 2000 people at Yankee stadium as extras. Some of them signed up through beinamovie.com. I think they were the least tolerable people there. Ayelet and I were about to go postal if we heard one more person complain about not getting fed. The best part of the evening was when we were told to "mime" through the scene. Of course, this was at about 2AM when all of us were either falling asleep or punch drunk. I can't wait to see how that translates on the screen. I did bring my knitting along for the shoot. I don't think it made it into the movie but you never know. If you see a red head working on another fruit cap (this one was an apple), that would be me.

Saturday, I think I angered the Transit Gods. Ayelet and I planned to meet up in a subway stop in order to go out to Brooklyn for the Mermaid Parade. The MTA decided to make the trains not stop there. The bad part about that is it was too late for either of us to contact the other and cell phones do not work underground. By some miracle that neither of us can explain, we found each other an hour later at another station waiting for a different train. This is 2 years in a row that we have been stuck in the HOT subway platforms for an extended amount of time on our way to the Coney Island for the Mermaid Parade.

Yesterday was all about doing nothing. With the weather so hot and humid, I couldn't even imagine going outside. It's bad enough that I had to come to work today in this weather. I did try out my newest acquisition yesterday. I invested in the Knits for BarbieƆ Doll pattern book. Right now, I am in the middle of a Barbie Pashmina. You have got to love that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home