The World According to Marney

Wednesday, June 19

There is a bit of interest in my fruity booties. I have posted the pattern for you all. I don't have any pictures of them as I am lacking photographic abilities these days. You will have to take my word on it that they are cute.

For anyone that has ever attended a NYC S-n-B session at the Des Moines, you know that the music played adds a strange ambiance that usually does not really mix naturally with knitting. Also, there tends to be single artists playing for the duration. We have had quite a few Nirvana and Aerosmith nights. Occasionally, Guns n' Roses. Last night started in those veins but ended much differently. When I arrived (an hour early like the kniting psycho that I am), the artist of choice was Jane's Addiction. As people started filtering in, the music changed to Dolly Parton. We heard "Islands in the Stream" 5 times last night. Three times in a row before we left! I think they are trying to get rid of us!

I worked on my 9th fruit cap last night. It's a pumpkin. I tried to get the bulges in the hat like pumpkins have to no avail. Instead, I decided to have 8 black stripes to segment it. As I was starting, I realized that it looked like I was knitting a basketball. After I got the stem and leaves, it became more of a pumpkin. I had Debbie and Betsy brainstorming about puckering as we walked past Downtown Yarns. They had successful pumpkin puckers that we were trying to dissect through the window. I think we agreed that it was a slip stitch something or other. If anyone knows the secret, please pass it on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home