The World According to Marney

Tuesday, January 7

I have to say I am feeling a lot better today. Last night I treated myself to a quiet evening at home, knitting. That is really the best medicine. I put off the sweater and the secret project for the socks.

Socks for me

As you can see, I tried a toe up pattern for these. I only have one ball of yarn and I didn't want to run out. The pattern that I have been using is pretty neat as it lets you use any gauge for any size foot to figure out the right number of stitches. You can see the pattern here and the chart that lets you figure out your stitches here.

Tonight is the good, ol' S-n-B. Of course the last two Tuesdays have been holiday eves so we haven't been doing much stitchin', at least as a group. I know there are a few projects that I would like to see the progress on. It will be nice to get back together with everyone without the harried feelings of the holidays.

Oh, tomorrow is the Book Club meeting. I am happy to say that I finished reading the book yesterday. We will be discussing The Awakening by Kate Chopin. It is definitely a book worth reading. The interesting thing is, I found the complete novel as well as some of her other works on the PBS web site. I had only a couple of chapters left to go so I finished it at work. If only all the books could be this accessible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home