The World According to Marney

Wednesday, December 18

I just had the strangest thing happen to me. As I was typing in my post (which is now totally gone), my screen magically jumped to another blog. Very peculiar. I think there may be bugs living in my computer.

Last night's S-n-B was quite fun. It was another small group, but definitely a lot of fun. As I first got there, Suzanna and Liz were engrossed in the bag that Suzanna was working on. Come to find out, they were trying to figure out an i-cord bind off. I had never done that before but I had figured out i-cord so I joined in. The pattern was a bit cryptic (at least in our minds) so we tried quite a few times to get this down. Finally, in an epiphany, it all came clear. So, happily, we were able t figure it out without the help of others. Let me tell you, I won't forget how to do that now. I have this uncanny knack to remember things so much better and more quickly once I figure out how they work and why they work. That may be when someone asked for a kitchner's stitch reference, I was able to rattle that technique off the top of my head. I think that has something to do with how cables come easily to me as well. Maybe I should have gone into a much more analytical field, like engineering or something.

After the i-cord bind off, I went to work on my aran sweater, until Deb came in with the project I will be making for her new knitting book. I have to admit that I am really pretty excited to be making something that well be published for the rest of the knitting world to see. I won't talk about it too much, at least until the book is published. But I think I should be finished with it within a week, at this rate.

Not much else is going on here. Maybe today will be much more interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home