The World According to Marney

Thursday, December 5

Well, here I am in good old Vancouver, Washington. I'm on my 22nd waking hour of the day. Eyes are barely open, right now. Must sleep soon.

The flights out here were relatively uneventful, if you don't count the repeated delays because of weather. More over, I was very bold about bringing my knitting on-board. I thought I would be sly and pack 2 carry-on-able bags. One with my bamboo needles (cotton sweater) and the other with anything that might raise a red flag (metal needles, darning needles). My intention was to try to bring them both on as carry-ons. If one got stopped, all questionable items could go into one bag to be checked. Not only did I get through the x-ray machine without anyone slowing down, but I was chosen for the "random" search of all my belongings and no one stopped me. So, I contentedly finished the cable scarf for Ayelet. I can cross one more project off my list of UFOs. I am now down to the graduated rib sweater and the fingerless gloves. Not bad.

Tonight, I went with Mom to a candle party at my cousin's house. Grandma Dolly and I made it into our own S-n-B. Grandma was working on some beautiful socks. I had started Mom on her first pair of socks before we got there, but she decided not to bring them along. Oh, and there were candles there, too.

In any case, I have had a very tiring, but knitting filled day today. I think I have to sleep now. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home