The World According to Marney

Monday, December 2

The month of December is finally here. That means many things in The World According to Marney. First of all, it means that my novel writing experiment is over for the month. Sadly, I only got about 1/5 of the way to my goal. Don't get me wrong, writing 10,000 words in a month is really not much to sneeze at. At least I have a beginning. I know that I can pick it all up again at any time and give it another go.

Another December notable event is the trip back to the Pacific Northwest. I will be heading out to the Evergreen State in a couple of days to cram in as much visiting time with everyone I have ever known into 4 days. I love a challenge.

December also brings way too many holidays for one month. That leads to much chaos, irritability, rushing around, fighting crazy people that seem to be everywhere and all around fatigue. Let's face it. The holidays used to be a time of fun and joy. I don't understand why they can't be that way again. I am convinced it is a case of poor planning on a huge scale. I mean, how many people out there are trying to figure out what to get the top 20 people on their gift lists within 2 weeks? 60%? 75%? If you add that poor planning chaos to the people that seem to go out of their way just to see pretty things (holiday windows at department stores, holiday productions, Broadway shows, etc.) and are on a tight schedule, that brings the percentage of people rushing around like crazy much closer to 100%. Then, of course, there are all of the parties and festivities. That means there will be much more alcohol imbibed and wackiness ensuing. Do any of us stand a chance for survival with this phenomenal number of crazed people loose on the streets?

On a calmer note, I did some serious knitting this weekend. (It's amazing what you can do during the acts of a Broadway show!) I took apart and put back together (the right way) the red twin baby sweater. I finished the Wade sock. They are officially a pair. I worked a little on the cable scarf. I am on the last ball of yarn - about 20 cables from being finished. And I worked on the graduated rib sweater. I broke down and stopped at The Yarn Company on Friday on my way up to spend quality time with Ayelet's cat, Melody, and picked up more Cotton Classic. I also started a sleeve. I am enjoying this project. Everything is done in the round and the sleeves are added before the body is finished so they get knitted together as raglan sleeves. That means, when I bind off, it is ready to wear. (I weave ends as I go along.)

Okay, I guess I have to get to work now. Way too much to do in 2 days. I guess it's a good thing that no one is going to be here for most of this month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home