The World According to Marney

Friday, November 22

I have officially decided that The World According to Marney will be brighter today, despite the rainy skies outside. I spent some quality time with my feline friends and my knitting last night. It was the perfect way to get the funk out of my head, or at least start.

So, instead of going on any further with the Wade sock, I decided to start a new project. I know that I have 4 UFOs stacking up, but I was a bit inspired by Cindy's list of UFOs that I thought, I could use a little bit of variety as well. So I started J Crew-Style Gloves with my Classic Alpaca that I picked up last month. These are for me, mostly because my gloves are really wearing through. I should have enough for the hat and the gloves in both gray and off-white.

In other good news, I have finally passed the 10,000 word markon my novel. Although, at this point, I am not really comfortable calling it a novel since it really does not make any sense and has no linear structure to it. It's really 10,000 words that I have been writing and may someday become a novel. I have had quite a few people offer to read it. I'm sad to say, that it will be a lot longer than the end of the month before it will be in any state to be read. Maybe, if I can get some semblance, I will post a bit. Maybe in the New Year.

I have decided to take some considerable time off of work in the month of December, mostly because if I don't I will lose my vacation days. In fact, there is only 1 week for the rest of the year that I will actually be in the office for the entire week. I really like that idea since I could really use a vacation. Anyway, I figure that will be a good time to get more writing or even editing done. And knitting. And cleaning of my closets. Who am I kidding? I am going to sleep late, watch horrible daytime TV and play Chrono Cross on my Playstation. Well, maybe I'll try to be productive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home