The World According to Marney

Monday, November 18

I guess it is really the holiday season. I have been getting requests for theatre tickets all over the place. Not that I have a problem with making arrangements for people, provided I know them and am willing to call in faver for them. This morning, after I had set up tickets for 42nd Street for his wife's birthday next month, one of my co-workers gave me a thank you gift of a necklace. I was really taken aback by that. Well, granted, I did also give him suggestions for a hotel and restaurant for this particular event. What a sweet guy!

Other than that, I finished the swirlie scarf last night. I did my first attemt of grafting on it. I decided that I wanted to add a few inches to the middle of it. That would be the downside to having color work in specific intervals. So I figured out how to unravel a couple of rows, knit up a few inches and then kitchner the two pieces together. I think it was prett successful. That means I have one more finished project out of the way. Oh, I also finished sock #1 for Wade. The second one is already on the needles. Watch out Christmas, you won't be sneaking up on me this year.

Where do I stand now with my UFOs? Let's see...

1) Cable Scarf - just over 1/2 finished - slowly but surely plugging away at it - the weather is getting cold and poor Ayelet will start freezing soon.
2) Wade Socks - one down one to go.
3) Twin Baby Sweaters - I haven't touched these in a week. My boss informed me that he and his wife were in birthing class all weekend. Ok, if they are getting ready for the babies, I should be getting close, too.
4) Graduated Rib Sweater - I need to get some more yarn for this. This one is low on my list since there are projects for others that have more of a deadline.

Wow, I only have 4 WIPs right now. I wonder how that happened.

I should touch on the writing I have been doing as well. Friday night was a good writing night for me but the rest of the weekend was not nearly as productive. I got another thousand words down. And yes, it is true; I am writing everything by hand. I have found that I feel much more free to express myself with pen and paper. I love being able to scribble out thoughts that don't go in the right direction and write comments or expanded thoughts in the margins. I must say, I have a true affinity for pens and ink. I am not fond of ball point pens or ultra fine tipped pens. There must be a nice thick, flow of ink that requires some drying time, like from a fountain pen. That is writing. Typing doesn't give me the same fluidity of thoughts and ideas that the more primative form does. I also like the idea of carrying around my little notebook with a pen stuck in the spiral. I know, I'm weird. Obviously, I can still communicate in the more contemporary form as I babble on endlessly here in the internet. My flowing ink doesn't translate well on the computer monitor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home