The World According to Marney

Wednesday, November 6

Well, I took yesterday off due to many reasons (most of which are pure rationalizations - some are entirely valid) so I didn't get a chance to give any updates. I think the biggest reason why I couldn't bring myself to work yesterday was I can not stand coming in any more. I am bored out of my skull for the most part. When I finally have something to do, everyone in the department interupts me for no apparent reason. I really need to get out of here before I go postal.

In brighter news, I did make it to S-n-B last night. It was really good to see Deb after her hiatus from the group over the past few weeks. Her "Dad Sweater" is really beautiful. I got through most of the front of the second baby sweater last night. Of course, the scatter brain that I am, I left the pattern at home so I could only go as far as the beginning of the neckline. The good news is I have most of it finished. The rest of the night was dedicated to the cable scarf. Don't get me wrong, I think it is coming out beautifully but I think that my current scarf projects will be the last scarves for a while. I am getting rather bored with the same patterns over and over. Not only that, but I think I have to start working on some projects for me. With the holiday presents and Barbie Clothes and fruit caps, and such, I need to stop making stuff for everyone else.

Tonight is the monthly meeting of the book club. We have gotten into a bit of a slump this time around. We were supposed to discuss The Corrections by Jonathn Franzen. After talking it over and realizing that no one has finished this book, we are still getting together to NOT DISCUSS THE BOOK. I must say, I love the fact that all of us vote on everything for this group. It makes it much more fun when everyone participates in the book selection process as well as the running of the whole show. So, our game plan is to gie us all another month to finish this book before we chat about it. I guess that means I need to get past page 10. Can you say way too busy to add one more project into my life!

Speaking of projects, I am nearing 2000 words with my little novel. Yes, it is the 6th and to stay on track, I should have been this far on the 1st. What can I say, I'm trying. Maybe I need to take the entire month off of work so I can fit in all of the other projects in my life. That is the best idea I have had in a long time. Oh, I do have a working title for my novel, A Storm in Every Port.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home