The World According to Marney

Wednesday, October 30

Look what I have been up to!!!

Leopard Sock
This is the sock that I have been working on for my niece for Christmas. I have to admit that I have been a bit slow on picking this one up in a while. The stitch pattern was something I found in the Big Book of Knitting . I know that Hailee really likes the leopard print look. I had a really hard time finding the right colors. The gold is not as tawny as I was hoping to find. But, I guess this will work.

Cable Scarf
This is one of the Alpaca scarves that I started from my visit to upstate New York earlier this month. It is a real dream to work with. Very soft and fuzzy without being annoying. This pattern was from Vogue Knitting on the Go: Vintage Knits. Even the picture in the book was done in a rust colored alpaca. How could I turn that down.

Swirlie Scarf
This is the other Alpaca scarf from my visit to upstate New York. I tried to work cables into this yarn but the combination of the dark color and the fuzziness made them all disappear. MJ, the recipient, decided that she wanted a Celtic design on there. After many e-mails of suggestions, we both decided that the swirlies were simple yet cool. So I charted this pattern myself, offered up the contrasting colored yarn from my stash (what a good friend I am) and the rest is history. Basically, I am putting in the swirlies each time I join a ball of yarn. That makes them about equidistant. Not to mention, I don't have to think about the pattern.

Red Baby Sweater
This little Charlie Brown sweater is one of the two that I am making for my boss, who is expecting twins at the beginning of the year. The second one will be the slate blue with a red chevron stripe. I finished the back of the blue one last night at S-n-B. The pattern is an adaptation of a guernsey pattern in Knits for Babies and Toddlers . Jackie was the divine inspiration for the chevron pattern.

So, now that I have shared all of that, maybe I will get some of my completed stuff up on my Gallery page. Slowly but surely, I will share more pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home