The World According to Marney

Friday, October 18

This is a bit of a late day post for me. Sorry to not chime in earlier. I spent much of the morning dealing with recruiters, changing resumes and that kind of stuff. I went on interview #987432 at lunch time today. I have totally lost my perspective an whther or not it went well. You tell me how I should take this. The woman scheduled interviews in half hour slots throughout the entire day. I think I was the last one before her lunch break. She found out I was on my lunch break and shortened it to an info session about the company. She was very harsh and specific about the company and positions available leaning more on the disciplinary side of things than any positive aspects of anything.

I have also noticed a trend in very small financial companies seeking to grow right now. I have interviewed with many finance companies in the 30 employees and under catagory, including the one today with a total of 9 in the staff.

Now, you may be asking, what does all of this have to do with knitting. Well, the answer is nothing. I didn't get much of an opportunity to break out the needles yesterday. Busy girl, busy girl. Tonight may be iffy, too.

Tonight is the Second Annual 1 Month After September 11th Party for the Insurance Department of Morgan Stanley. Yes, it sounds weird, but there is a good reason for all of this. Back when we worked in the World Trade Center, there were about 90 employees in the Insurance Department that all lived on the same floor. As we were trying to find homes for the displaced employees, our department got split up, a few times. Last year, a month after the buildings fell, one of my co-workers put together a party to get the department together again. For most of us, we hadn't seen our co-workers in a month and didn't know if they were alive. It was a fabulous celebration of life and camaraderie. (There were no fatalities in our department and everyone made it out safely.) A year later, the department is still separated between Manhattan and Jersey City. We don't have the same connection to each other due to location. In our minds, we are all still in the same place and working together as closely as before. I think it will be a really good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home