The World According to Marney

Monday, October 7

After much grumbling and whining, Mother Nature has finally started to give us Autumn around here. Although, this Saturday, we had MAJOR reservations about it. The 85 degree weather broke in the afternoon on Saturday which made the group trip upstate a bit more special. I went up to Applewood Orchards with my buddies to celebrate Ayelet's birthday by picking apples. That's right, the city girls put down their cosmos and cell phones (kind of) long enough to pick a few Golden Delicious. YUM!!

After our very "fruitful" (yes, I went there) trip to the orchard, we went into the little crafty town of Sugar Loaf. There was a little shop who's sign had a picture af an alpaca on it. Well, being the suckers for fiber that we are, Jackie and I had to stop in. Low and behold, they had balls of 100% alpaca and alpaca/silk blends for as low as $5. Needless to say, everyone bought yarn. I now have 4 projects from one store! Ayelet, your scarf has been started, Roberta, I finished one glove already and MJ, I am working on the pattern for your scarf.

On Sunday, Jackie and I meandered over to the Knit Out in Union Square Park. I have to admit, it was not entirely what I expected. I thought there would be more knitting and less milling. But nevertheless, I had a good time. The line of people who wanted to learn to knit and crochet was tremendously long. It never seemed to get any smaller. I was also a bit disappointed that so many local stores were not represented. There are SO many new yarn stores in New York City so I could understand that they couldn't spread themselves too thin. But there were some others that should have shown face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home