The World According to Marney

Thursday, October 3

Scarf is finished! I am very happy to have my pseudo-lacy, black, alpaca scarf. The problem is that it is still summer outside. I am really ready for summer to be over. It is time for the weather to change. I'm not saying that it should start snowing (although I am really looking forward to snow this year) but it should be a bit cooler around here.

Last night was our monthly book club meeting. I think it was probably one of the best gatherings we have had thus far. There were only 2 of the 6 of us that had not finished reading The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. I enjoyed reading this one. Although the book is all about a girl who was raped and murdered, it really had a theme of healing and hope.

Afterwards, I went home and continued on the Cat Sock. (I have decided that is the name I will give this project.) It is coming along nicely. I have also found other remnants of yarn in similar weight that can be added to my stripes. I have been thinking about maybe making a pouch inside the sock for catnip or something like that. Then again, that may lead these monsters to tearing up the whole thing. I am also thinking of tying longer strings on the inside (not the ones that need to be woven in) so they can entertain themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home