The World According to Marney

Monday, September 23

After the past couple of weeks, I took the entire weekend to decompress. I didn't leave my apartment once. It gave me a chance to catch up on my knitting projects. I finished 4 (that's right, I said 4) fruit hats, 2 golf club covers for Daddy's birthday next Monday and started a Barbie rug. The rug was a project that I started a while back but had to frog when one of my #4 needles broke. That's what I get for using plastic needles with such strange yarn. Of course, I have no idea what this yarn is. It is kind of rough with strands that hang off like eyelash, but not that pretty. When it knits up, it is like a course terry cloth. Since it's in pink, it makes for an appropriate Barbie bathroom rug.

I found some fuzzy peach yarn in the stash from Ayelet's grandmother that makes a great peach hat. I have officially ventured away from cotton for these hats. I also had a skein of Woolease in Dark Rose Heather and another in Green Heather. A perfect cobination for a warm berry hat.

As for Daddy's birthday present, I made two golf club covers with this pattern over the weekend. I can't say that I am completely enamored of it. I don't know if they will actually fit the golf clubs. I may have to run down to a sporting goods store and try them out. They basically look like stubby mittns without thumbs. As I peered around the internet, I found these patterns that I think I like a bit better. Maybe I will dismantle the covers I finished for one of these. I kind of like the argyle design. More projects for this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home