The World According to Marney

Friday, September 20

For the past two days, I have been the host for a co-worker who is visiting New York from Utah. He has been in town for some training. I had the task of making sure he was fed and entertained in the evenings. It's a rough job to have to eat in some of New York's nicer restaurants and such on the company's bill. I guess somebody has got to do it. In any case, I think I have gotten back to some normalcy in my work life, at least for a couple of hours. This is the first time in 2 weeks that I have been able to sit at my own desk, with my own computer, doing my own work. Of course, we are supposed to move to a different floor here in this building next week.

Yesterday, my boss announced that she gave notice. She got a better job that will be better for both her and her family. After all of the changes at work for the past few months, this one is probably the most jarring for me. On another level, I don't have the same sense of loyalty to the new position that I have been given. That is for another discourse.

I have not had any time to do any knitting in the past couple of nights. Last night, I was so tired, I couldn't even move when I got home. I guess I will have to catch up on the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home