The World According to Marney

Wednesday, September 18

Last night at the S-n-B, I made some progress on my holiday gifts. I have been ignoring them for a while as I was delving into some other more challenging or more timely projects. Alas, it is already mid September and I am still plugging away. I think I should be about finished with them all by the end of October. I think that will be a personal record for me. Oh, but wait, I almost forgot that Daddy's birthday is a week from Monday. Maybe I should get something going for him. How the projects never seem to end.

In any case, I managed to get another fruit hat finished last night as well. I think I have enough in my stash for at least another 2 hats before I have to run out and get more Cotton Classic. I think that will bring up my total number of fruit hats that can be sold to about 9. Oh, Shetha, I will probably be mailing these out to a friend of the family that is a staple at the local craft fairs. I don't think I will be heading out west in the next couple of months. But when I do, I will make sure to let both you and Carolyn know.

On the work front, yesterday, I had to go to our new Westchester location. For anyone that is not familiar to this area, Westchester is the county to the north of New York City. It is mostly residential (where a lot of the commuters live) and, in places, rather economically well off. For me to get to this new location, I would have to do a reverse commute from Manhattan of up to 2 hours in each direction (depending on the trains and buses), costing me about $13 every day. My unhappiness toward this change has been very obvious to everyone around me. They kepp trying to sell us on the beautiful grounds. I agree they are beautiful, but I look for more than that in any job I have. Of course, this is not scheduled to happen for another year or so. A lot of things can happen between now and then. All I have to say is the only way I will even consider moving to this location is if my situation changes VERY drastically.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home