The World According to Marney

Monday, September 30

This was one knit filled weekend for me. On Saturday Jackie and I hit three different yarn stores. First we went to School Products mostly because I have not been there before. Then we headed over to Brooklyn to check out Knitting Hands. Both of us had really wanted to see what they had over there. I was happy to see that they had Wool-Ease which is not sold in Manhattan (according to Jackie's research on the Lion Brand site). [Let me clarify that statement by saying that I generally don't go out of my way to find acrylic blends but for the project at hand, I was looking for them. And, Knitting Hands has a plethora of other yarns that would probably keep me much happier.] I find that rather funny since the warehouse for this brand of yarn is down on 15th street. Finally, we ended up back at good old Downtown Yarns.

I got the Wool-Ease for Daddy's Golf Club Covers. They turned out very nicely. I each one in a different color with an argyle diamond on one side and the number of the club on the back. So far, I have stayed away from the pompoms. I think I will forego them this time. I kind of like them plain. Maybe I can get my honds on a camera before I ship them off to him. I really need to rectify that problem.

So, now I have all of this left over yarn from the Golf Club covers. I have decided to create something for my monsters (aka my cats - Nekko, Koshka and George). They love to drag my sweaters and works in progress to the front door where they can snuggle in and wait for me to come home. So, I have decided to make a big cat tube for them. I'll start with one and work my way up to three.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home