The World According to Marney

Tuesday, September 24

I am looking forward to S-n-B tonight. I guess this is a running theme in my weekly posts. Tuesdays have become so much more enjoyable now that I have somewhere to go with people that all have similar interesets as I have. It's fun to see what everyone else is working on. It's great to be inspired by patterns, fibers or techniques. Mostly, I can talk about something that I have an interest in without feeling like I am talking to a brick wall.

Well, I have decided to bail on the previous ventures of the Golf Club Covers. They look way too small. I think I may start up new ones tonight with the argyle pattern I found yesterday. I think that will be a better pattern all the way around.

In the mean time, I have started a new project with the nasty pink yarn I made the Barbie rug with. I decided to make a matching bathrobe for Ms. Barbie. I am using the pattern (my adaptation of it at least) from the sweater coat pattern in Knits for Barbie Doll. You know, the sweater on the cover. Actually, I will make it on bigger needles and a bit longer so it hangs more like a bathrobe. Why would I put myself through such torture? Well, I am always up for a challenge. And I am a glutton for misery. I have never had to think so hard about garter stitch since I was 8-years-old. One dropped stitch kept me busy trying to find and fix it for almost 45 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home