The World According to Marney

Wednesday, October 9

Last night I went to see Movin' Out on Broadway. I have to say that I REALLY enjoyed that show. Of course, I am a self proclaimed Dance/Broadway snob. I should qualify those statement by saying that I am a big Twyla Tharp fan and I love dance. This story is told primarily through the dancing with some exposition in the music. Michael Cavanaugh who sang all of the songs and played the piano was amazing. I know there were people in the audience that didn't know what they were getting into with this show. There are no lines outside of the songs. There is no acting outside of the dance. It was really very beautiful. I would go see it again.

Don't get me wrong, I picked up my needles at intermission to work on a scarf. Movie theatres, Broadway theatres, where ever I can get a few stitches in.

Tonight, I am off to see Hairspray (flash site). Maybe I should start my own review blog.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home