The World According to Marney

Thursday, October 24

So, in lieu of knitting or making extra money last night, I found myself having a great time at Caroline's Comedy Club. The head liner was Nick DiPaolo. I had seen him a few times on TV. Half of the fun of a comedy club is the crowd. Well, I was sitting next to a couple from the Oregon Coast. (Go PNW!!) Such a small world. And, no Mom, I did not strike up a conversation with them. The woman was having serious Children of the Corn tendencies. Yikes!!

Oh, I do need to tell you about my fortune cookie fortune that I got last night. After explaining about my Karma Clensing phase that I am going through (Charity walks, volunteering, etc.) because things are just not going my way, I open the cookie to read Do not follow the instructions of this fortune. So I can't even rely on the cheesiness of a fortune to give me guidance in my wayward existance. But, on the back, shere they have the "Speak Chinese" phrase, the hateful fortune writers decided that I need to know how to say I need money in Chinese.

Yesterday left me in a strange spot at work. I sat down with my new boss to fill out my performance review. As it was his 3rd day working with me, he basically let me fill it out myself. Like I am going to say bad things about me! Then he told me that he saw me moving back into a position of meeting planning for our department. This brought me much joy and happiness. Well, that was until I realized that the decision wasn't up to him entirely and there is MUCH red tape in the company that will be stopping that from happening. Well, we'll see. On the other hand, the supervisor of the department I am technically supposed to be a part of is really itching to get me to move over into that position right away. I just keep laughing about it all. To be in such great demand without having much of a say in my own future, is both an ego-boost and a horrifying experience.

Alas, no more work talk here. I am here to discuss my obsessions. So, I want to make 2 baby sweaters for my new boss who is expecting twins (a boy and a girl) in a couple of months. I want to do something in a striped pattern that is not just plain stripes. I also wanted to do something a little different for them that have the same colors. I have some Cotton Fleece in Blue Slate and Cherry Moon. Definitely not typical baby colors. Any suggestions for similar but definitely not the same baby sweater patterns?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home